When’s the last time you pampered yourself? We mean really pampered yourself, like with a DIY spa day devoted entirely to you. It’s probably been a long time, if ever. We here at Fake Bake have only one question: What are you waiting for?
With all the hard work you do, you definitely deserve it. If all you’re waiting for is the right ideas to give yourself some head-to-toe love, you’ve found them right here.
Set the Ambiance
The perfect spa day at home starts with the perfect ambiance. Make sure all the pieces are in place to create a totally soothing atmosphere. These include:
- Mood music: Put on a selection of your most relaxing tunes or serene nature sounds. You can also go for a white noise spa machine that drowns out any outside disruptions.
- The right lighting: Add a romantic flair to the ambiance with warm, low lighting. Hook up a salt lamp, light a few candles or swap out your regular white light bulbs for a cool blue hue.
- Aromatherapy: If the candles you select are scented, you already have a leg up on creating a scent-sational fragrance. Other aromatic options include incense, sage or your favorite essential oils wafting from a diffuser.
- Refreshing beverage: Depending on your mood, your choice of beverage can be anything you love. Choices range from chilled cucumber water or a glass of fine wine to a cup of lavender tea or a mug of hot cocoa.
- Tantalizing textures: Plush towels, warm slippers and loose, comfy loungewear are a must. Treat yourself!
Show Your Hair You Care
An invigorating hair wash with a refreshing shampoo is a great place to start with your DIY spa day. Massage your scalp as your cleanse, which is an incredible way to increase circulation and get a relaxing overall tingle. Rinse in cool water, following it up with a nourishing hair mask.
Relax in a Bath
A long, warm bath is par for the course when indulging in self-love. Fill the tub with your favorite concoction, whether you’re a fan of bubbles, bath salts or essential oils. Aim to spend at least 20 minutes soaking, with the sole purpose of enjoying the soothing sensation. Close your eyes. Clear your mind. Let yourself relax.
Prepare your Skin
Once your skin is softened from the tub, it’s the ideal time for shaving or waxing. Grab your tweezers, razor, waxing strips or other hair-removing implements and groom yourself to perfection. Soft, silky, hair-free skin has a way of making you feel like a million bucks.
Take a quick rinse in the shower after the grooming process. This helps to get rid of any stray hairs and removes any residue from your bath. Apply a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer afterwards, letting it fully absorb into your skin.
Treat Yourself to a Facial
Facials are a fantastic way to feel like you’re in a spa, and you can hook one up in a few easy steps.
1. Massage and cleanse your face with a lightweight cleansing oil. Gently pat your skin dry.
2. Go for a second round of cleansing with your regular facial wash. Apply it to your face as well as your neck and the underside of your chin. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
3. Exfoliate with a gentle product designed specifically for delicate facial skin.
4. Apply a rejuvenating mask, again reposing in meditation while you wait 10 to 15 minutes for it to kick in. Remove with a warm, damp soft cloth.
5. Moisturize with lightweight, oil-free lotion.
Swap your grooming tools for your manicure and pedicure sets. Give your hands and feet a deep soak and exhilarating scrub, sloughing off any rough skin and calluses. Trim, shape and file nails as needed.
Apply a nourishing cuticle treatment and whatever color polish makes you happiest at that moment. Lie back and meditate as you’re waiting for your polish to dry.
Give Yourself a Golden Glow
The final step in your self-care spa day is to sensationalize your skin with a healthy, happy glow. Select whatever Fake Bake self-tanning mousse, serum, lotion, gel or liquid suits the look you want, whether it’s our Fair and Gradual Self-Tan Lotion or our Ultra-Dark Self-Tan Gel.
Once your wait the 10 minutes or so for the self-tanner to dry, slip into your loose and comfy loungewear and call it a day. Better yet, call it the best day ever.
Then repeat this DIY spa day experience as frequently as you wish. You don’t need a holiday or special occasion to weave self-love into your regular schedule. Put at-home spa days on your calendar to keep your spirit serene, your body beautiful and your mind totally at ease. Stock up on Fake Bake self-tan products now so you’re ready for your next DIY spa day whenever the fancy hits.